At Pamela Harvey Interiors, we were excited to be selected to design the Living Room of the 2016 DC Design House. Our room is featured in the DC by Design blog and The Washington Post style section.
The 2016 DC Design House, located at 2509 Foxhall Road NW, benefits Children's National Health System. For more information visit their website at www.dcdesignhouse.com
Taking cues from the home’s classic architecture, Pamela envisioned a Living Room design that evokes timeless elegance and subtle glamour. The symmetrical bones of the room encouraged a balanced floor plan, perfect for entertaining. Imagining the ultimate hosting space, we were inspired to include a baby grand piano.
The room’s color palette of black and white with striking pear green accents sets the tone. Strong black finishes with subtle golden accents anchor case goods throughout the room. We chose black drapery panels in a Schumacher moire, hung on an acrylic rod with brass rings to pop against the crisp white walls.
Paper white Hickory White sofas, covered in party-proof Sunbrella fabric, are accented with pillows in a Mary MacDonald floral and a textured animal print, both from Schumacher. An exquisite trio of vintage Hollywood Regency ottomans boasts a graphic cut velvet, also from Schumacher, adding a stunning presence opposite the fireplace.
Sconces by Tommy Mitchell feature gilded butterflies encased in a backlit acrylic box, serving as both art and ambient light for the space. Bronze Sculptures are featured throughout the space, adding both masculinity and sophistication.
1. You’ll never go wrong with these classic garniture urns from Global Views and their clean, timeless silhouette. Place them on a mantle or console table to add understated elegance. (8"Sq. x 22"H, 6"Sq. x 16"H) Our Price: Lg-$139.95, Sm- $59.95
2. Hang the Maddox Mirror from Lillian August on a feature wall within your home- its strong sunburst design adds vibrancy. (40" Dia.) Our Price: $999.95
3. To add bold interest, accent with one of these custom animal print pillows featuring a rich velvet in a golden tiger pattern. (20" Sq.) Our Price: $199.95 ea.
4. Choose these pillows with their playful large polkadots to add sophistication with a bit of whimsy. (20" Sq.) Our Price: $199.95 ea.
5. To add bold interest, accent with one of these custom animal print pillows featuring a rich velvet in a golden tiger pattern. (20" Sq.) Our Price: $199.95 ea.
6. The Jacqueline chandelier by designer Aerin Lauder from Circa Lighting, with its swooping strings of white acrylic beads, makes a chic focal point in any space. (19"W x 35"H) Our price: $999.95
7. The Clemente floor lamp from Circa Lighting, with it's streamlined mid-century modern leaning, adds a touch of divergence within our more classic design- let it do the same for you. (17.5"W x Adjustable 47-54"H) Our Price: $659.95
8. To capture the key design feature of black and white contrast, grab a pair of these pillows in a graphic fern print. (20" Sq.) Our Price: $199.95 ea.
9. Pillows in this striking Schumacher floral by Mary McDonald can add a punch of color to your neutral sofa. (20" Sq.) Our Price: $259.95 ea.